Posted on: July 30, 2015 Author: Sudhir Kaushik
ITR-V is an acknowledgement slip generated on filing the income tax return online. This ITR-V is to be signed and sent to the Income tax department-CPC by post to complete the return filing process.
The password of the document is a combination of PAN (in lower case) and date of birth in the format ddmmyyyy. For example, if the PAN is AAAAP0000A and the date of birth is 10-Jan-2008, the password is aaaap0000a10012008.
You should consider the following Do's and Dont's for printing and submitting of ITR-Vs to ITD-CPC Bangalore to complete the e-filing process:
1. Only A4 size white paper should be used.
2. Ensure that print out is clear and not light print/faded copy.
3. The document to be mailed to CPC should be signed in original in blue ink only. The TRP Column is to be left blank.
4. The signatures or any text should not be written on the Bar code. The Bar code and numbers below the bar code should be clearly visible.
5. Avoid typing anything at the back of the paper and folding the paper.
6. Please do not submit any annexures, covering letter, pre stamped envelopes etc. along with ITR-V. Do not use stapler on ITR-V.
7. In case you are submitting original and revised returns, do not print them back to back. Use two separate papers for printing ITR-Vs separately.
8. The ITR-V form is required to be sent to "Income Tax Department - CPC, Post Box No - 1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore - 560100, Karnataka" by regular Indian Postal Service or speed post only (courier is not accepted). If you are sending the signed ITR-V through speed post, delete the text "Post Box No - 1" from the address.
9. The ITR-V should reach CPC within 120 days of filing of return.
10. ITR-Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.
When do you need to re-post the signed ITR-V?
It generally takes about 3 weeks from the date of posting ITR-V, for CPC to send acknowledgement of the same on your registered email id. If it has been more than 3 weeks since you posted your signed ITR-V and you have not received the acknowledgement for it yet, you need to post another copy immediately to the Income Tax Department-CPC.
The non-receipt of ITR-V at CPC may be due to any of the following reasons:
1. The ITR-V may be in transit via India Post
2. The ITR-V may be under process at CPC, Bangalore
3. Your ITR-V may be defective, viz. not signed ITRV or signed in black or got torn in the transit or its bar code could not be scanned
4. Your ITR-V may have been misplaced in transit
Since the only means of posting signed ITR-Vs to CPC is through normal/ speed post, there is no tracking number available. Hence, it cannot be confirmed whether the posted ITR-Vs have reached CPC and by when.
Sudhir Kaushik has been a practicing tax consultant for the last 17 years. He is a Fellow Chartered Accountant and conducts seminars in large companies to help salaried employees with income tax and investment queries. Sudhir brings domain knowledge of income tax laws and their compliance difficulties faced by individuals. He is the author of Income Tax Handbook For Salaried Employees for smart financial planning and investments for salaried people. He enjoys an excellent reputation and has a strong network in the corporate sector and public sector undertakings.
How new income tax returns forms will simplify your tax life
The government last month notified the new income tax returns forms. As per the new norms, an individual or HUF who does not have capital gains ...
Tax Filing Mistakes to Avoid in Your Return
Every year taxpayers not just in lakhs but in crores file their income tax return. Majority of them have done it more than once. For ...
Alternative to posting ITR-V after E-filing
Electronic alternative to posting signed ITR-V acknowledgement after e-filing is now possible. After your e-return has been uploaded by taxspanner to Income Tax Department e-filing ...
Instructions to send ITR-V to CPC
ITR-V is an acknowledgement slip generated on filing the income tax return online. This ITR-V is to be signed and sent to the Income tax ...
Obtaining a Correct Form 16 Early is Beneficial
What is Form 16?
Form 16 is a certificate issued by the employer to its employees in the beginning of the next financial year. This ...
BLOGS CATEGORIES & TAGS
Let our CAs and Tax Experts Help You e-File Your Return AccuratelyGet Help from Tax Expert