E-verification on Income Tax Portal
Method 1: e-Verification Through Aadhaar OTP
- Log in to your Income Tax e-filing account.
- Under the ‘e-file’ tab > select ‘Income Tax Returns’ > then ‘e-Verify Return’.
- If you do not have Aadhaar OTP available with you: Select the option ‘I would like to verify using OTP on mobile number registered with Aadhaar'.
- If you already have the Aadhaar OTP with you: Refer to ‘method 2’
Note: For e-verification of your ITR through Aadhaar, ensure that your mobile number is linked to Aadhaar. Also, ensure that your PAN is linked with your Aadhaar number.
- You will see a pop-up window on your screen. Tick the checkbox stating 'I agree to validate my Aadhaar details' and then click on 'Generate Aadhaar OTP'.
- Enter the 6-digit OTP received on your registered mobile number and click on the ‘Validate’ button. On successful submission, your ITR will be verified.
Note: OTP will be valid only for 15 minutes.
Method 2: e-Verification Through Aadhaar OTP Already Available
- If you already have Aadhaar OTP available with you: Select ‘I already have an OTP on Mobile number registered with Aadhaar’.
- Enter the OTP and click on the ‘Continue’.
TaxSpanner.com is one of India’s largest and most trusted websites that offers online preparation of accounts books and filing of TDS, GST, individual Income Tax Returns (ITR). Established in 2007, TaxSpanner is based out of New Delhi. Since then, it has grown to build very large customer base in this market segment.